It’s officially spring, Raleigh! Soon we’ll all be cleaning pollen off of everything in sight, but don’t forget to add your garage door to your spring cleaning list. In addition to making your door shine, cleaning it should help keep any dirt or oil buildup out of the tracks, preventing mechanical malfunctions. Also, cleaning the door will give you an opportunity to conduct a preventive maintenance inspection.
So, what is the best way to clean your garage door? See below for the tips we have found to be most helpful for homeowners to transform their garage door into the envy of the Triangle!
How To Clean Your Garage Door
- A bucket
- A hose
- A soft rag
- Dish soap or gentle detergent
- Mix a common household soap or gentle detergent with water to make your solution
- Wet the surface of your garage door using a hose
- Once the surface of the door is damp, dip the rag in the solution and scrub down the door
- Rinse off the soap – making sure to clear all areas so that the finish doesn’t wear down
- Allow the door to dry
It is also recommended to clean the inside of the door as well, as this can help prevent any excess dirt or oil from building up there. Also, we suggest performing a a href=”https://www.garagedoorspecialist.net/blog/general-topic/maintaining-your-garage-door/”>routine maintenance check to ensure the door is working properly.
Should you have any questions or find any issues during your cleaning or checks please call on our team of experts. We are ready to visit your home in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, or elsewhere, and provide you with an estimate for our maintenance services.